Ancient Blue Dragon
- Armor Class
- 22 (natural armor)
- Hit Points
- 481 (26d20 + 208)
- 40 ft., burrow 40 ft., fly 80 ft.
- STR 29 (+9)
- DEX 10 (+0)
- CON 27 (+8)
- INT 18 (+4)
- WIS 17 (+3)
- CHA 21 (+5)
- Saving Throws
- Dex +7, Con +15, Wis +10, Cha +12
- Perception +17, Stealth +7
- Damage Immunities
- blindsight 60 ft., darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 27
- Common, Draconic
- 23 (50,000 XP)
Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If the dragon fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.
Multiattack. The dragon can use its Frightful Presence. It then makes three attacks: one with its bite and two with its claws.
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +16 to hit, reach 15 ft., one target. Hit: 20 (2d10 + 9) piercing damage plus 11 (2d10) lightning damage.
Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +16 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 16 (2d6 + 9) slashing damage.
Tail. Melee Weapon Attack: +16 to hit, reach 20 ft., one target. Hit: 18 (2d8 + 9) bludgeoning damage.
Frightful Presence. Each creature of the dragon’s choice that is within 120 feet of the dragon and aware of it must succeed on a DC 20 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. If a creature’s saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the creature is immune to the dragon’s Frightful Presence for the next 24 hours.
Lightning Breath (Recharge 5–6). The dragon exhales lightning in a 120-foot line that is 10 feet wide. Each creature in that line must make a DC 23 Dexterity saving throw, taking 88 (16d10) lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
The dragon can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. The dragon regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
- The dragon makes a Wisdom (Perception) check.
- Tail Attack.
- The dragon makes a tail attack.
- Wing Attack (Costs 2 Actions).
- The dragon beats its wings. Each creature within 15 feet of the dragon must succeed on a DC 24 Dexterity saving throw or take 16 (2d6 + 9) bludgeoning damage and be knocked prone. The dragon can then fly up to half its flying speed.